Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some More from the Pereras' Farm

Thought I would provide a few more outtakes from my time on the Perera's farm. I'm thinking about continuing exploring life as a sheep farmer for my 30-Day project. In the spring, there'll be sheering and sheep bearing.

Scattering Feed
One of the favorites of the set. It's one I debated using as one of my alternates for my 5-picture story.

Outside the Barn
I like how the sheep are silhouetted but still visible.

Ewes in the Yard
The ewes out in the yard.


Rey with Hay
Rey puts out some hay.

Silhouette
The mistress of the barn is silhouetted with the older ewes visible behind her.

20100216_daye_one-day_ot_0264a
The farm's older ewes. The one on the far left is getting really feeble and will probably die soon. Rey said that he's been having to pick her up several times a day because she can't get up by herself anymore.

Outtake
I'm not quite sure why I like this one, but I do. After all, it breaks the 'rule' of the subject not looking at the camera...

Feeding the Ewes
I like how I caught the grain in mid-air.

Susie's Feet
Susie's feet when we went for a walk. In the summer time, the Pereras walk their dogs all the way across their field, but due to the cold, the walk doesn't go as far.

Feeding the Rams
When Rey feeds the sheep, he scatters the feed along the fence in several different areas. He does this to spread out the feed and prevent the sheep from fighting over the food. But "they're stupid and just keep following me."

Out of the Barn!
Dee shoos the ewes out of the barn.

She's a Sweet One
This llama, Nookie Brown (she came with the name), is very sweet and let me pet her.

Nice Moment with the Cat
Rey gives a little affection to one of their house cats, Tommy. The Pereras have about 10 cats, most who rotate staying in the house. None are declawed, but all of them seemed to really like me.

Darn Those Winter Pants!
Dee paused for a moment while putting on her winter pants. I liked how she was laughing about being tired from trying to pull on her pants. If you notice, two different slippers. Susie ran off with one.

Susie Begs for a Pet
Susie decides to smoulder as a way to ask me to pet her. Their dogs liked me, too. What can I say? Animals like me. I think they can tell that I like and respect them back.

The Big Barn
A broader view of the main barn, which houses most of the ewes, alpacas, and llamas.

Feeding Those Ungrateful Geese
Rey made sure to tell me about how ungrateful these geese are - unlike the rest of the animals on the farm, these geese like to chase and snap at him, despite the fact that he feeds them.

Outtake
I'm ending with one of my other favorites - an outtake of Dee as she cooks dinner. "You're not taking my picture, are you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment