Friday, February 5, 2010

Copyright Infringement

The more I think about being a freelance photographer, the more I have been thinking about copyright. It doesn't help that this is what we've been talking about it in class. There is an actual website, Pilfered Magazine, whose whole purpose was to compile other people's images so that people could pilfer them.



The founder of Pilfered, Patrick Hoelck, (an "award winning photographer") was really enthusiastic about his stealing in an article in Mean Magazine.  "It is the first truly provocative, interactive, sign of the times magazine for artists and the visually inspired. You either get it or you don’t and are pissed by it."

I guess those of us who object to his stealing (and are pissed) just don't get it...

David Eddinger's Thoughts on the Subject

Here's a blog rant against the "Scumbags."

I was able to locate a link to an issue of the magazine (right now their site is down and they're 'reimagining' their vision). When I looked through it, it seemed like a bunch of pretentious crap to me... I guess I eat too many "bouzhy" dinners and don't see the genius of it...

I wonder if he'll be winning any more awards after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment