Monday, February 8, 2010

Frank Incites Murder in the Philippines

Okay, it's a little racy of a title, but I was hunting around for one-day story ideas since my falconer is now vacillating and backpedaling. He isn't sure because his habit isn't up to snuff... I groan.

So, any way, while hunting, I came across this article:
Sinatra song often strikes a deadly chord

Apparently, in the Philippines, karaoke singers get so riled up during the singing of "My Way" that they've gotten in fights and stabbed each other. "The authorities do not know exactly how many people have been killed warbling “My Way” in karaoke bars over the years in the Philippines, or how many fatal fights it has fueled. But the news media have recorded at least half a dozen victims in the past decade and includes them in a subcategory of crime dubbed the “My Way Killings.”"


Rodolfo Gregorio, right, at a General Santos karaoke bar. Filipinos, who pride themselves on their singing, may have a lower tolerance for bad singers. | JES AZNAR for The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment