Saturday, February 6, 2010

Front of the Class

I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I just have to study with background noise. Sometimes it's music, other times it's the television. Today, while studying, I watched Front of the Class which told the story of Brad Cohen, an award-winning teacher who overcame Tourette Syndrome.


The movie was pretty cool/encouraging (I loved his attitude), and it lead me to investigate Cohen further. I found his blog and wanted to publish some of his words of encouragement in the face of adversity. And with the state of photojournalism today, you might just call it adverse...

Like Bird by Bird, even though it's not for photographers, it all still applies. Enjoy.

From Brad Cohen's blog:

So with that, I remind everyone what has helped me overcome the challenges of living with Tourette syndrome. I hope these ideas help others move forward to follow their dreams.
  1. Keep that positive attitude.
  2. Focus on your strengths… Show the world what makes you shine.
  3. Never give up… Every time someone tells you that you can’t do something, prove them wrong! Show them not only can you do it, but you can do it better than others.
  4. Surround yourself with people who believe in you.
  5. Don’t make excuses, because the first excuse will lead to another, after another, after another.
  6. Find your passion in life and go for it.
  7. Last but not least… Don’t let [your obstacle] win! Don’t allow any of your weaknesses in life get the best of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment