Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pictures for a Textbook are My Copyright

My friend, Paul Bolls, has been working on a book, for what seems like forever, and I was recruited to take pictures for its illustrations.

Because they will be used in a publication in the somewhat near future, I decided to send them in to the Copyright Office so that I could control how my images are used. I'm in the process of investigating what type of licensing the publisher is planning on using.

I'm really glad that I'm taking this Business Planning class. (Thanks, Jackie!) It has already given me a lot to think about and it's only the third week of class... I wouldn't have even thought about the licensing before the semester started.

I thought I would include a few outtakes.

_MG_2503
Obviously, we didn't use this one, but at least you know what I was wearing the day I was taking pictures.

_MG_2516
Negotiating the glass so as to not have a reflection.


_MG_2553

Our Own Vanna

An Outtake

An Outtake

No comments:

Post a Comment