Monday, November 29, 2010

Project 365 - Week 34

Week 34. Thanksgiving break.

112210 - Fixing My Computer

Monday. Last Friday, after I found out that I couldn't return my lemon, I called Dell and finally got somewhere. They were sending parts to fix it! The guy came by my work on Monday and worked his magic. Read the blog post here.

112310

Tuesday. Spent most of the day at the Missourian busy, and stayed longer than I expected to make sure that everything was ready to hand the reins over to Meg. Originally, I had planned to leave early to drive up to KC, but in the end, I chose to drive up on Wednesday. This is what the Missourian looks like during Thanksgiving break. There's a few people there, mostly over at the print desk, but hardly any people.

112410

Wednesday. With this picture, I was trying to get a shot of how weird this truck was decorated, but instead I got a shot of me in sunglasses. Sometimes, I want to take these pictures, but I don't want to call attention to myself to do it.

112510

Thursday. Thanksgiving Day in Kansas City. For last Christmas, my mom decided to get my dad a book by their friend, Father Mike Diocchi. I ordered from Amazon.com so that Dad wouldn't know anything about it and even though UPS showed the book delivered, I never found it on my doorstep. I tried to get a replacement, but that didn't pan out. But in September (I think it was), I discovered that the book *had* been delivered and the delivery driver had 'cleverly' stuck the book in the tub that sits by my front door. So, I brought the book up to give to my Dad over Thanksgiving. It was perfect timing, because Father Mike was there and he could hand autograph it. This is his overjoyed, surprised reaction to seeing that we bought Dad a book that he had written.

112610

Black Friday. It's a holiday tradition that my mom and I go out on Black Friday and check out the sales. Of the many foolish things that I saw, I think this was the most ridiculous: a Snuggie for Dogs. Why does a dog need a Snuggie?

112710

Saturday. The boys playing in my parents' yard. The Duds liked wandering around in it, too. Which surprised me, because normally, he doesn't like being outside, much less sniffing and exploring.

112810

Sunday. A goofy face from my friend, Stacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment