Monday, November 15, 2010

Project 365 - W32

Week 32.

110810

Another day where I worked a lot at the Missourian, so I decided to take a picture of the light switch in my room. It's really meant for the bathroom (where it matches a cup, soap pump, towels, and shower curtain), but I was missing a cover, so I put it in my bedroom, instead.

110910

Tuesday. One of those odd things you find campus. I never thought I would see a club devoted to hula hooping, especially with a boy involved. He was seriously good, too. I was walking by to go to a CPOY judging and saw them and thought, "How odd." I also thought, "well, I guess my assumption that hula hooping is good exercise is wrong" because more than one of them did not have muscle tone and were just a little bit overweight.

111010

Wednesday. I chose this picture because I liked how it turned out - Vince preaching (on the book of James) at Midweek. Vince is a hard guy to photograph because his skin is so dark. And I did this without a flash.

We were talking the other day about how MU's photoj program should features at least one class session focusing on how to photograph darker skinned individuals. Because it is challenging! I have it down just because I've had a lot of practice with it: Wale Aliyu, Monique Allen and her sons, Vonnie and Shawn, Chris and Camilia Brown, Nicole Conaway, Anthony and Joshua Evans, Jessica Fletcher, Shawn Fugate, First-grader Devin Graves, Vince Hawkins, Brittani and Gerald Fults, Robin Hawkins and Darce Nyboe, Keyah, Eric, Erykah, Kyla, and grandma, Tammy Kelliehan, Ken King, Greg and Debbie Newby (participating in a church Strongman competition), Darce Nyboe, Anne Omer, Maria Omondi, Maria Omondi, ShaJuanda Campbell, and Brianna Brooks, Ricardo Rique-Sanchez, Kyle Spears, Laurence Willis, and Sam Martin, Romanda Walker, Kyra Watson, Laurence Willis (and his wife, Erica).

111110

Thursday. It's time for CPOY (College Photographer of the Year). I usually really love watching the judging, but this year, I kind of lost my enthusiasm when none of my submissions made it past the first round of judging. I was really bummed when neither of my photo stories made it - because I thought they were really good. Not topics you typically see featured. And looking at the winners/honorable mentions, I think they were at least as good as the ones that were noted. I mean, who gets a picture like this? I did really love Charles's story about Kelly Glossip. It was a really good story. But, I felt less enthusiastic about making it to everything. But this is a picture of the judging of the Portrait category. I did really like watching this category.

111210

Friday. A shot of what I had to eat for most of Friday. I was on campus, working on things, and forgot to eat. I volunteered to work CPOY and got assigned to work calling 'In/Out.' By the time I realized I didn't eat, it was too late to go get something before I was due at CPOY. So I ate goldfish and cookies. Quite healthy, right? The judges really loved the Twizzlers, hence the pile of wrappers in the background.

111310

Saturday. A picture taken after dark using time exposure. I think, if I remember, this was 16 seconds worth of exposure to get this picture. And me saying, "Stay. Stay. Stay." to Cullen to get him to hold still so that he wasn't a blur in the picture. It was fun sitting in the dark and letting my boys run around off leash.

111410

Sunday. We had a 30th birthday party for my friend, Seth. This is Jim and Monique playing the new Kinect that is the next evolution of the Wii that Xbox 360 has come up with. "Your body is the controller." They were driving cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment