Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Those Visa Sports Commercials!

I have to say, I'm a big softy. I cry at commercials. I cry when I see athletes achieve their goals. I cried when Russell won the sixth season of So You Think You Can Dance (and boy! do I love watching him crump).

But this blog post is dedicated to those memorable Visa Olympics commercials.


This was a moment that I cried at (well, both moments). I cried with Dan in 1988 when he fell and sat there dispondent because he had broken his promise to his sister, who had died from leukemia just a few hours before. And I cried when he won a gold on his very last race (before he retired) 6 years later. A man who had tried in 3 Olympics to win a race finally achieved it on his very last try.

A nice article about Dan's efforts and accomplishment.

Next up: Bob Beamon.

I thought it was so cool to hear his story. He was one Olympic athlete that I wasn't completely familiar with.

The Fosbury Flop!

No comments:

Post a Comment