Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Must Break You

NUP_111042_1145
NBC Photo: Carin Baer

Yes, it's a quote from the series premiere of Chuck, spoken by Dolph Lundgren in his best Dolph Lundgren voice.

Right now I am sitting here snuggling with my dogs, thinking about how God is good. How he works out all things for the best, no matter how crappy or frustrating or worrisome or embarrassing or vindictive or any other adjectives I might use. Those situations where you just want to punch someone really, really hard in the face so that they fly across the room backward, even those situations He works for the good. If nothing else, to teach us something.

20071016ho_chuck1_500

It makes me grateful that I am in the world but not of it.

I am also feeling grateful that I can read/speak Russian, even if I'm not fluent. That's how I know the newspaper headline shown briefly said "Medical Catastrophe."

*Jan 29 - 00:03*
NBC Photo: Trae Patton

I really hope that I get to go to Brussels and then Москва (Moscow) and Санкт-Петербургского (Saint Petersburg) someday. It would be amazing to see Red Square and Эрмитаж (the Hermitage) and the statue of Peter the Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment