Monday, October 25, 2010

Project 365 - W29

Week 29. The week of Homecoming.

101810

This is a picture of the stupid tickets I got on Monday. I really resent the lady who gives the tickets. She does the parking meter rotation around Lee Hills Hall *twice* a day and this day, I got 2 tickets. It wouldn't irk me so much, nor cause me to curse her under my breath (and I know it's a *she* because I've seen her), if I had not *paid* the meter. Lately, she has been inconsistent in when she does her loop, so this day, when I went out to pay the meter in the afternoon, saw a ticket on my car and thought that I had missed that second pass. But *no!* It was a ticket from earlier in the day when she came around about an hour after she normally does. And since the meter only allows you 2 hours at a time... So, 2 tickets. And you'd *think* that once you got a ticket for an expired meter, that they couldn't refine you. But no, Columbia regulations say they can do it on the hour after that meter expires.

101910

The Bolls invited us for dinner and I got this picture. Cullen is a big cuddler. Anyone who leans back like this, and Cullen takes it as an invitation for him to come and cuddle. Even though Riley is Paul's favorite (because of the goofy noises he makes), he's decided that he likes Cullen, too.

The Bolls are probably going to take care of Cullen while I'm in Brussels. They must like black dogs. (They own a black dog named Lady.) They're considering it and my fingers are crossed. That leaves Dudley to arrange lodging for (my parents are going to take care of Riley). When my parents discussed taking Riley, my Dad seemed to be under the impression that I was giving away my dogs, rather than just having someone watch them for me for 4 months. Of course, he knew I was keeping Riley, but the other two, free game. I corrected that impression.

I'm going to miss my boys when I'm gone. Hopefully, I'll be busy enough to not think about them too much. Fingers crossed about working for the AP!

102010

Okay, so I was watching America's Next Top Model and I decided to try to 'model' a bit. This is me smizing and staring intensely, "while keeping my jaw loose." I just am not the greatest at having the intensity in my pictures, not like Tyra and the panel want it. So a model I am not.

102110 - My Edits from Football

Two weeks ago, I edited the MU football game against Colorado. I felt really proud of what I did - after the fact, after I got over the stress that came with trying to send pictures back to the photo bubble and feeling like I screwed up because it took so long. But I felt proud because I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find pictures they'd want. And they didn't have to request anything :) And it looked good! So I decided to take a picture of the double truck posted on the Photo Bubble's door.

102210

On the 23rd, MU football had an epic Homecoming game against Oklahoma. With an 5-0 record, ESPN decided to feature the MU campus for its weekly "Game Day" show. Here, they've overrun the street leading up to the quad. It was the first time "Game Day" had come to campus, and they raved about our fans.

102310

So, it's Homecoming and my parents came up for a visit. We didn't actually go to the game, but spent time together. I was supposed to get reservations for lunch, but they weren't taking reservations because of Homecoming. I took this picture illustrating how my remote shutter trigger worked. I wasn't looking when I took this picture.

102410

I met with Tammy and her daughter, Shekia, to go through their wedding pictures. The lake/pond by her house had a flock of geese swimming in it, so I stopped and snapped this picture, using my zoom lens. I stayed in the car so as to not spook the geese. I could just see them running after me, threatening me...

No comments:

Post a Comment