Sunday, September 19, 2010

Woo-Hoo!

The Winning Touchdown

Caption: With his teammates and coaches celebrating behind him, T.J. Moe runs in the winning touchdown during the last minute of the fourth quarter of the San Diego State game on Saturday. The Tigers beat the Aztecs 27-24. ¦ Sarah Midgorden

Okay, so I'm driving in my car and listening to the game on the radio. MU was down by 1 against San Diego State with about 5 minutes to go.

I go through Taco Bueno's drive-thru and when I turn the radio up, MU is now down by 4 with 1:58 left in the game. The announcers are summing up how this was the first time that the Aztecs had beaten a BCS team in c.25 years, these like crazy statistics that highlight just how bad this loss really is for MU.

And all this because they like to choke in the 4th quarter.

I've just passed through the intersection at Stadium and Providence and MU has the ball. I'm thinking, 'they can do this,' even as I'm thinking, 'yeah,' look at that half-empty stadium, 'I'm not sure I wouldn't have left.' 'This is so sad. How could they lose to San Diego State?!'

And then it happened. The announcer says that T.J. Moe is at the 30... the 20... and then, how did he call it? Not the endzone but something else. But what it meant was - they scored a touchdown. I let out a yelp and waited to make sure that no flags were thrown. And:

YES!!! (I think I startled Dudley with my joyful noise.)

With less than a minute in the game, MU scored a TD and pulled it out. For the win.

This is me, re-enacting my reaction in the car.

A Recreation of My Reaction

A Recreation of My Reaction

Go, Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment