Monday, September 20, 2010

Project 365 - W24

Week 24. Okay, so I love my dogs.

091310

Monday. I started out this photo session after Riley had been playing with these nyla-bones I'd gotten them. After a long day of photo editing - very busy! and partially irritating - I was finally home and Riley was asking be to play with him, by gnawing on the bone and growling loudly at it. Riley then was hard at work on the bone, and I took pictures of his gnawing. Then there were pictures of Cullen and Dudley. I liked this one the best.

091410

Tuesday. When I took the Duds into the vet last Friday, because of his swollen eye, I set up an appointment for the boys to get their yearly shots. This picture is Riley at the vet, waiting for the offer of a treat. It turned out that Riley didn't need his shots (got them in February when I took him in because of his pre-hot spots). But I was able to get a replacement for his license and his rabies tag (that Dad lost out at Lake Stockton last year). I love the Ri-Ri's ears!

091510

Wednesday. CPOY (College Photographer of the Year) is an international photography competition that MU hosts every year. On Wednesday night, they had an informational session about the new submission process and then some professionals on hand to review what we're considering submitting. This is a picture of Patrick Fallon getting his pictures reviewed.

Thinking about submitting to CPOY feels so intimidating. It shouldn't be, but I want to shoot myself in the foot. It's like applying for the Brussels program - that fear that I won't be picked. It makes me want to put off facing that discomfort and not deal with it. Why am I so human?

091610

Thursday. So I took the boys for a walk downtown, after my beat meeting. (And this was annoying! I forgot to fill the meter and in less than 10 minutes, it got hit by the meter maid and I got a ticket! Stupid woman. This semester I've actually seen her. Felt like saying something snotty, but I know it's her job. I just find it annoying that she doesn't merely walk around and gives tickets, she *drives* around, hops out of the car, and gives tickets. And she especially likes to ticket around Lee Hills Hall. So nice, isn't she? She doesn't hit any of the other streets right there, but she hits Lee Hills *twice* a day.) This is a picture from our walk - they're repaving the sidewalk.

091710

Friday. So Duds is done with his eye ointment. Looking at this picture, you'd never know his eye was swollen. Not as in focus as my other pictures, but it was taken with my iPhone. I would really love it if they would develop some software so that the pictures I took with my phone would have close to the sharpness of my digital camera.

091810

Saturday. This is a reenactment of my reaction to MU's miraculous win over San Diego State. I was driving in my car when it happened (so I don't think I closed my eyes - at least there wasn't an accident as a result of it, if it did happen). I don't normally scream but I screamed. Whooped more than once. And smiled broadly... I blogged about it, here.

091910

Sunday. Today, I decided to take the boys out to the dog park. Except I went to the park on Garth, rather than the one out a Twin Lakes. Big mistake. That's not a trick of the light. The water is that pea-green color. And yes, Dudley's fur did turn green, the parts that were in the water.

Dudley was thirsty, so he drank a lot of this lovely green water, and it made him sick to where he didn't eat for 2 days and is still eating grass almost a week later.

Supposedly, the green film on the water was caused by an additive that the City added to the pond to kill the algae, but a guy at the park said the water wasn't yucky like this until *after* the City added it to the water. Poor Duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment