Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rusher-Brown Wedding

Well, my friends Camilia Rusher and Chris Brown got married. Someone, besides me, was asked to take the pictures. So, I just took pictures for myself. It's kind of why at the wedding, I'm just in one spot and I basically have no pictures of the bride's face during the wedding - because of where I was sitting. But it was great for seeing Chris's face.

The most hysterical wedding I've ever been to. Mostly due to Chris.

_MG_8282

My favorite moment at any wedding - the moment the groom sees his bride and watches her walk down the aisle.

_MG_8294a

There were several times where you could almost see the wheels turning in Chris's head - like here where it looked like he was going 'whoa, I'm going to get to kiss Camilia soon!' (They didn't kiss throughout their relationship because they wanted to make sure they remained pure. I really think it's cool when my friends do things like this (which other people might think crazy, or way too drastic). I love that they worry more about what God would think and would want and what they can do to help the other person stay focused on godly things than just thinking about themselves.


_MG_8315a

I loved Chris's vows. I can't remember what he said here, but it was funny. Everyone was laughing :)

_MG_8331a

I loved this moment, Camilia sharing it with her twin sister, Gardilia. It was great to see Gardy after like 5 years (she used to live in Columbia, but moved to Dallas and got married). I miss her :( When I first met them both (around 1992 at a conference) I didn't realize they were twins and just thought they were one person. It happens to them often at big things like that...

_MG_8339

_MG_8342

One of the other reasons why this was the funniest weddings ever. When Cami tried to put Chris's ring on, it didn't seem to want to go on. So Chris had to cram it on (top picture). Which was funny - his eagerness and intensity in getting that ring on! Did you notice? Wrong finger! So Vince (I think) mentioned that and then Chris had to *really* struggle (bottom picture) to get the ring off so he could put it on the *right* finger.

_MG_8350a

Hey! It's Camilia's face! Flowers for the mothers. I don't know if I'm going to do something like this at my wedding, whenever that is... I'm just not feeling it.

_MG_8374a

Taken right after they shared their first kiss. The laugh is because it was a really sedate kiss and then people starting calling out, 'give her a good one!' or something like that, encouraging them to show a little more passion. They eventually oblidged.

_MG_8383a

A few pictures of my favorite little boys.

_MG_8401

Reece makes a face.

_MG_8402a

Reece helps Jace make a face.

_MG_8403a

Jace makes a face.

_MG_8409

The sound geeks work on getting the music going. Note the fan that Nick is holding - it was hot! Part of the reason why I don't have many pictures from the reception - I couldn't take the heat. Did I mention I don't like summer?

_MG_8440a

The handsome couple. Yay, they're married!

_MG_8461

A posed picture of them cutting the cake.

_MG_8468

The real picture of them cutting the cake. When I do weddings, this - the big black speaker in the background - is not going to happen. For all their lives, *that* is going to be in the background... I kept wishing that their photographer would make either them or the speaker move. Yes, they had the nice posed one in the background, but I don't see how the speaker is not in the picture.

_MG_8475

Especially this one. Isn't that just the best background for this moment? I would have made them move the table or the speaker (whether I was the photographer or the bride). Yes, it really bothers me.

Feeding of the cake. American tradition. With a bit of research, I found that it does occur in other countres. According to this link it's actually an ancient Greek tradition, meant to ensure fertility for the couple.

_MG_8491

Love this tender moment, with Cami gently caressing Chris's face.

_MG_8515a

Love this moment, too, because of how Cami is gazing up at Chris as he laughs. Just makes me smile and feel fuzzy on the inside.

_MG_8519

One of my other favorite moments. The looks of contentment as they dance together.

No comments:

Post a Comment