Monday, August 30, 2010

Project 365 - W21

Week 21. Goodbye Maine, Hello Columbia.

082310

A picture from my flight home to Missouri. I almost didn't make it out of Portland (overbooked flight), but was lucky to get rerouted through Atlanta. Most of the time when I've flown, there hasn't been such a nice clear blanket of clouds outside the window. I thought it made a nice picture.

082410

So, I spent the night at my parents' house because I got into KC at 11 pm and drove back to Columbia on Tuesday. To abate my boredom, I used my iPhone to take pictures of things that struck my eye (as well as make weird pictures of myself). This is the bridge over the Missouri River - I really like how the beams make a design. Very cool. During the break, I was looking at my friends' pictures on FB and I realized that I need to be in more pictures. I want to show that I was involved in things and a part of things. Thus my taking weird pictures of myself (to be shared later).

082510

Duds snoozes as I visit with Tracy. It's funny how easily the boys all settled back into our routine, when I'd been gone a week.


082610

While walking to my car at the end of a day on campus, I came across this 'motorcycle parking' area in front of a restaurant downtown (Bengals Bar & Grill). I've never eaten there, but I liked the image, with the cycles all lined up in a row.

082710

A picture of decorations for Kim's new shop. She's about to venture out on her own, with her own salon. Some of the girls went over to her shop on Friday and helped wipe it down/clean/dust it in preparation for when it opens.

082810

Some of the singles from Kansas City came down to hang around Rocheport for the day. I drove out to Les Bourgeois's Blufftop Bistro to meet up with them for dinner, as did Shusila and Nick, Tracy Sines, Tracy my roommate, Chia-Wei, Shawn and Monique. This picture was taken with the help of Tracy S's camera flashlight. I love it because it looks like Shawn and Monique are in the middle of an intense discussion and Shawn is looking like 'why are you taking a picture of my girlfriend?!!' Yes, I know it's speckly and I wish I'd taken it with my camera instead of my phone, but I *still* don't have a charged battery for it.

082910

A picture of newly-home Hayley. She and her twin, Lily, were born prematurely. They were in the hospital for a couple of months and this is the first time I have seen them since they came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment