Monday, August 9, 2010

Project 365 - W18

Week 18. The Week of the Duds.

080210

I always find my puppies so cute when they are sleeping. I have these two big pillows (purchased at Target) which are great for leaning on. The one that I don't use, the boys like to climb up on and either sleep on or look out the window. This is Duds sleeping on the bed pillow which is on top of the big pillow.

080310

Duds decided to shake his head while I was taking his picture. It was that kind of day. (And notice that the big pillow is now on *top* of the bed pillow. Apparently I changed my sheets because this is a different pillowcase from the picture before.

080410

It seems like it is Duds week, because here is the third picture of the Duds. Here is the Duds asking me to scratch his belly. Duds likes to lick you to ask you to pet him. And he loves treats and human food. Even lettuce. Lettuce.

080510

Sleeping puppies! This was really sweet. Cullen was sleeping and Riley rolled over on his back and was smooshed against him. Usually, it's Cullen who is leaning on Riley, but not today. Those two are really brothers.

080610

For Friday's devo, we took a trip out on Tracy Sines' parents' boat. This is the sunset with Seth in the litlle inflatable boat. Which went under water really easily. It was a fun time, but the getting there was not. The boat ride was originally scheduled a few weeks ago, but there was rain. So when they rescheduled it, they changed the time, which I didn't remember. So Tracy called me to ask me if I was planning on going, as everyone had either left or were leaving then, leaving me no time to get to where we were meeting up. I had been feeling like crap lately (nausea, fatigue, lots of headaches) so I was not happy that I was going to end driving down to Jeff City for the trip. In the end, I did drive. I got the address and put it my phone's GPS (I had called Jim for directions, which were intricate and confusing, so I got the address instead). So I'm tooling along and for some reason, the remoteness of where I was going, screws up the GPS and leads me to be out in the middle of nowhere. So, now I'm more frustrated, and almost drive home, particularly because I try calling people and no one answers. I resort to Mapquest using my iPhone's internet and am able to find where I'm going. (I was only about 5-10 minutes from there.) So I get there, feeling ticked, because I feel like crap and with the knowledge (because of talking to Seth and Steven) that if they'd just waited for me in the first place, they would have gotten out on the water at the same time, I just would have been with them. Seth and Tracy had brought the boat out to the water about 1:30 later than what they had planned. So they could have waited for me. I prayed to be giving because I was pissed. Hungry, ailing, and irritable. It's funny how hunger and feeling like crap affect my mood. Tracy was nice enough to come over and welcome me on board his boat and chat for a few minutes so that I could lighten up.

So the boat ride itself was fun. Someone brought watermelon, my favorite fruit, so I was able to get something in my stomach. It was a juicy melon! Very delicious. Seth and Steven went out on the little boat to do some 'skiing' but the boat didn't work very well. They kept sinking. One of the most memorable events of the evening was when we were driving back to the dock. Earlier in the evening, the boat had gotten back heavy (where the engine was), so Seth mentions, "people should move to the back of the boat." I move to the back of the boat. I'm standing there and all of a sudden, there is some shouting. The front was starting to sink in the water because of the weight of the people and the push of the engine. People run for the back of the boat. A big slosh of water comes with them. Steven lost one of his flipflops and the homemade ladder for the boat got swept out to sea.

080710

Duds sleeping on the pillow - I told you it was Duds week.

080810

After several months, Chris and Camilia finally came to visit. I snapped this picture after church. She and Erica look so cute.

After church, we went to eat at the new(er) Mexican restaurant downtown and then went to check out the new movie, Salt, starring Angelina Jolie. I really liked it, even if I did firgure out the twist. Well, suspected the twist. I was gratified to have my suspicions - about it and about Evelyn Salt's allegiances - be confirmed. I think I figure these things out because I have a writer's mind and notice the little clues.

One thing that was funny was: Riley was in the movie. Or at least a dog that looked like him, mostly. After much internet trolling, I was able to discover that Salt's dog was a Norwich Terrier named Stamp. Now, you might think that I'm partial or biased because I love my dog, but the dog *really* looked like Riley in its initial scene. Evelyn Salt returns home and there, in a basket in the corner, is Riley. I say to myself, "Why is Riley in this movie?" Not two seconds after I think it, Camilia leans over to me and says, "Why is Riley in this movie?" And after the movie was over, her husband, Chris, asks, "Why was Riley in that movie?"

Later scenes proved that the dog was *not* a Silky Terrier - wrong type of fur (wiry vs. silky). But still. I almost thought that one of those times where Riley has escaped the yard, he ran off to Hollywood and starred in a movie with Angelina Jolie. And I thought he never paid attention to the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment