Monday, August 16, 2010

Project 365 - W19

Week 19. An eventful one.

080910

The week started off slow. Here's a picture of Cullen chilling on my bed. Cullen is a dog that loves to cuddle. Any time, any where. And he loves to wag his tail, if he even thinks you might be interested in petting him.

081010

A picture of Riley riding with his face out of the window of the car. He loves this activity, but not if the car is going more than 55 mph. I like that I captured his face in the rearview mirror. And I love how the wind will smoosh the fur on his face so that it sticks straight up.

081110

Well, Laurence and Erica left this week to move to the Northeast. I don't add where exactly, because they're unsure of where they're going to end up, but they are first moving to Newark, Delaware. This picture is from their going-away party, which I, of course, cried at, because emotional things make me cry. Kathryn knitted this cap and scarf for Erica, to keep her warm during their winters ;) I'm going to miss both of them, but especially Erica. She was one of those people that it just felt great hanging with, even if we weren't doing anything. And she loved Bollywood movies.

081210

I liked this cloud formation. I can't remember where I was going, but this is sitting in my car at the intersection of Providence and Business Loop.

081310

So Friday, I was supposed to go up to my dad's, since I was leaving for Maine on Saturday. But that morning, he called me to tell me that there was drama going on with my niece and I should wait to come to KC on Saturday. So, Friday night, I went to the split devo, with the women meeting out at Kim's house. I brought Riley (and only Riley) because I wanted us to have a little together time before my trip to Maine. He has a habit of getting depressed when I'm gone too long. He was very good about not being a distraction. After the devo was over, I hung out and talked with Kim for a little bit. And as I was driving home I came across this car flipped over in the middle of the road. It's a gravel road, and could potentially cause something like this, because it can be quite windy. But this was on a straight part of the road. I got out of my car, calling out, asking if everyone was alright, and amazingly, the one woman in the car (the driver) walked away from the accident without a scratch. And right as I came across her car, it started to rain. I ended up calling 911 and talking to the fireman, because she didn't want to talk to him. And then I waited for the emergency vehicles to show up. I couldn't leave partially because her car was blocking the street. A few other cars showed up while we were waiting.

081410

So, Saturday there was a lot of drama surrounding my flight to Maine. And finally, at 11 something in the evening, I was standing in baggage claim waiting for my bags, along with people from 3 other flights. Don't you love how this guy is sprawled out like he's in his living room and not around 75-100 other people.

081510

So, Sunday morning, I had no ride, but I did go on a hike down to the Presumpscot River with my mom and (step)dad. This is a picture by the falls. Isn't Maine beautiful? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment