Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thanks to the Volunteers

Somehow - I don't remember exactly how - I ended up volunteering to photograph the thank you dinner for the folks at Ronald McDonald House. It was pretty much my one bright spot in an otherwise really stinky, stinky day. Photographing this event really made me feel grateful for everything that I've been learning this semester. No, it was not everything I dreamed it would be (technically), but I was able to get some shots that would have been impossible without my handy-dandy strobe. What's even cooler, not only did I get to practice my event photography, but I am also going to get to practice my multi-media presentation skills - I'm going to interview some of the people from the house and put it all together with the stills. The director, Jenn, was really excited about the idea. I haven't mentioned wanting to add some pictures from people at the House (since I just thought of it), but I think they'd be game. I am picturing something that really says, 'thank you,' to all the volunteers. (The more I think about the possibilities, the more excited I feel about it... Yes, I am a dork - but I wouldn't change a thing :)

Here's some of my shots.

_MG_2545b

_MG_2399b

_MG_2419a

_MG_2427e

_MG_2440b

_MG_2471a

_MG_2495a

_MG_2497a

_MG_2517a

_MG_2533a

_MG_2536b

_MG_2555e

_MG_2576b

_MG_2581b

No comments:

Post a Comment