Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stinkin' Flash Photography

I don't know about anyone else, but this using the flash is hard! Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get it. For our next assignment, Color Correction, we had to use what we in the biz call a gel over our flash to compensate for either tungsten (lightbulb) or flourescent light. With tungsten you compensate by using a orange gel, and with flourescent, a green one. (Unless it's one of the many weird flourescent bulbs that's tintes say, orange. In class, Rita told us that at last count there were 67 different types of flourescent bulbs... At least we can 'chimp.')

The week that I did this assignment, I felt really tired and sick (like mono sick) and the things that I planned on going out and photographing didn't pan out, so I ended up using an image from a friend's birthday party. The picture I picked, I picked it because I liked the moment.

I'm hoping that more practice will help me feel like I'm mastering this challenge, because right now, I am stymied. And I'm not used to being stymied.

No comments:

Post a Comment