Thursday, April 23, 2009

Multiple Flash at Hulett House

Last Sunday, I had fun working with multiple strobe, trying to capture some Mixed Martial Arts fighters while they practiced their moves. My group is focusing on them for our final project and I am really liking our subject. Here's my final shot:


I ended up chosing this one because it really gave me an 'in the ring' feel. I wanted to background to drop off so that you couldn't see the other fighters practicing and I really liked the way the light gives him a halo.
Getting the light right for this was hard, because they were constantly moving. And when we finally got it to where I liked it, the guys moved. Arg!

Afterwards, when my partner, David, was shooting, and I was playing the human light stand, I thought I would just take a few shots with my camera. I discovered that when I shoot my mounted flash, my hand-held would go off too. So I was able to get a shot like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment