Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's an Audio Slideshow



As part of our class, we were required to research audio slideshows and find one that we felt was well done, ones in which sound really contribute to the overall effect of the piece. For my slideshow, I chose to feature a slideshow I found on the Los Angeles Times website called Ana's Story. It featured photos and interviews with Ana Rodarte, a 24 year-old woman deformed with the disease commonly known as Elephantism, her father, and with the surgeon who helped remove most of her deformity. I say most because her face still bears some of the distortion of her disease. I chose this one partially because of the access that this woman gave the photographer and partially because I was really disturbed by her condition. It really bothered me, not because of what it looked like, but because of how hard her life must have been interacting with people who can be unkind.

No comments:

Post a Comment