Monday, December 27, 2010

Project 365 - Week 38

Week 38.

122010

Monday. Cullen cuddling with Dudley on the bed. It's not my bed. It's one of the Bolls's guest beds (isn't that a great bed spread?). They have been kind enough to let us stay with them since I am now 'homeless.' All of my furniture is in their basement storage area, along with many of my boxes. One thing I really love about Photoshop is the way that you can use layers to highlight just one little area (Cullen's face) so that it's a little brighter and so that you can actually see the definition of his fur and eye.

122110 - Biometric Sensors

Tuesday. For the life of me, I cannot remember which research participant this is. Research participant? Well, it just about took forever for the USDA study that I was going to be working on with Paul to finally start. Originally, I was in charge of recruitment (which went very well - not one of the 14 people that came to do the study were students - which can be a feat since it's a college town with a campus of around 25K). But I ended up getting trained on how to place the biometric sensors and doing the study with participants. I made a few mistakes - like forgetting to do one final step for a few people at the beginning - but I also was able to figure out and fix why the heart rate signal was crazy (a bad sensor). The study showed participants 4 short 'commercials' on safely cooking meat and tracked their responses (both conscious and unconscious). Regardless of how she looks, it was neither painful nor terrifying.

The study also included this 'distractor' commercial, which I really liked. It's Michael Jordan talking about all the times and ways that he failed while playing (missed over 9000 shots, lost almost 300 games, missed the game winning shot 26 times) the game and then concludes with "I've failed over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed." I love that. (I also love this video with Larry Bird that he did back in the day. They did a follow up featuring Charles Barkley. And apparently, they updated it with LeBron James and Dwight Howard, where Larry Bird takes the Big Mac at the end, and they don't know who he is!)

122210

Wednesday. This is what I look like after killing myself trying to get my house finished being packed. That last 20% of stuff just won't get done. And this is what I look like when I haven't slept more than about 6 hours a night and am sick with a cold on top of all of that. I just want for it to be over.

122310

Thursday. This is where and how Duds prefers to sleep when we're over at the Bolls. (And no snoring either.) I've dubbed it 'Duds' Chair,' even though I don't own it.

122410

Friday. Leaving for Kansas City today. We got a bunch of snow last night - which was encouraging to think that it will be a white Christmas. Still not finished packing up the house but I need a break to at least start to feel better. I hate that my packing has cut into time that I was planning on spending in KC before going to Maine and then onto Brussels.

122510

Saturday. Riley in the hallway.

122610

Sunday. Riley outside. I just think that he is one handsome dog. I will miss him when I am abroad. Him and the rest of my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment