Monday, December 13, 2010

Project 365 - Week 36

Week 36. The year's drawing to a close and it's time to finish up things.

120610 - How About That Hair?

Monday. I chose this picture because it struck me as really funny (Kayley's hair). It was totally crazy. Which may not be very remarkable, but I am used to Kayley's hair looking like this. She got such a kick out of her hair being crazy.

120710

Tuesday. My sweet Duds dozing on his pillow. Well, it's the boys' pillow, since it's on the other side of the bed, but right now it's Duds's pillow. He really likes lying there. And most of the time, when he's up there, he doesn't snore (breathe loudly).

120810 - Project Proposal

Wednesday. Okay, it's finishing my proposal for my graduate project. Since I'm planning on going to Brussels, I'm wanting to do something related to the EU and how it negotiates the Muslim challenge (the fastest growing religion in Europe). I've honed in on doing a photo essay on EU officials as the personal project portion of my graduate project. Which is a scary thought because I have to *contact* powerful, official people to photograph them.

120910 - Outtake

Thursday. An outtake from the Christmas pics that I took for my friends, Jason and Rachel Touchatt. I also love their girls and Hannah really loves me :) This evening, I babysat Hannah as everyone else went to see the Stephens College production of "Meet Me in Saint Louis." Rachel told me that as soon as Hannah heard I was coming over, she was completely fine with them going out, instead of giving them problems about it (she's a nice willful child). We spent a good part of the evening over at my house letting Hannah pick which doggie she wanted to bring over to her house. She ended up choosing Riley, but she went back and forth between all three of them.

121010 - Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Friday. The latest "Chronicles of Narnia" movie happened and I went to see it with Daniel (pictured) and Kathryn Smith, and Chia Wei Young. I almost picked a picture from our visit to a Thai restaurant. That was memorable for how I scalded my tongue and lips by accidentally eating a fresh jalapeno hidden in a sandwich. No where in the menu description did it mention jalapeno as part of the sandwich. I tried eating some bread that *wasn't* touched by the jalapeno and it still was burning hot. I asked for milk and they didn't have any. In desperation, I went into the bathroom and scrubbed my lips and tongue (twice!) with (bathroom) soap to try to abate the oil that was burning them off. Didn't quite work but worked enough. And Voyage of the Dawn Treader was really good.

121110

Saturday. I loved this picture of Shawn. He was flexing his muscles at me during out annual Christmas banquet. I stayed up pretty much all night, working on two videos for the banquet, including the annual review in pictures. And, even though I've used programs like Audacity and Soundslides many times and never had any issues, the Slideshow Banquet Demon decided to complicate things and it came down to the wire for me to get the annual review finished. STRESS!!! But I finished it and people were happy with the outcome. I mostly got pictures of the dancing. But I got this picture of Shawn. He's a cool kid.

121210

Sunday. A picture of my boys saying hello after I returned home. Riley rolls around on the bed and 'arrr's, Cullen's trying to get Riley to play, and Duds waits for me to get a little closer to jump on me to have me pet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment