Monday, July 19, 2010

Project 365 - W15

Week 15. Oodles of Puppies. No, this is not a Puppy Project 365.


071210

Snuggling puppies!


071310

This cracked me up. My big bed pillows lean against my curtains, so they get caught when someone leans on the curtains. Riley decided to rest his head in the cradle of the curtain and take a nap. He was happily snuggled there. It struck me as funny, I'm not sure why.


071410

A close up of the Duds. How about that eyeball?


071510

I hung out with Erica and Elle today. This was really funny, watching them play together. I got another one where Elle is 'kissing' Erica by putting her mouth over Mom's nose. I liked this one better because of the look on Erica's face.


071610

My 'brave' dog protecting me from all intruders. I hear Riley fervently barking at something. I go outside to see what it was. Something out front that Riley felt the need to protect us from. I look and look. He's using his cat/squirrel voice.

Side note: I've let Riley (and Cullen) loose to chase that darn cat a couple of times and he is all bark and no bite. He (they) will chase the cat and then run around it, barking. Won't ever actually try to get the cat, just bark.

So, I try to figure out where that darn cat is. And then I see it. Fearsome Riley savagely barking at a butterfly.

He tends to do that - bark at pests. Last winter when I had mice - Cullen would chase them but Riley, all he would do is bark at them.


071710

A portrait of the Duds. I love Silky Terriers. They have the best disposition and are a great size. And I hate that stores which sell dog-related and cat-related things, they *never* carry Silky-related objects. There'll be Yorkies, Cairns and sometimes Australian Terriers, but no Silkies.

What's really interesting is how people always thing that Riley is a Yorkie, because they are very similar creatures. So I typically explain that Silkies are a cross-breed of Yorkies and Australian Terriers. I just wish they were more popular - they are decidedly less yappy than Yorkies. And I hate yappy dogs. Especially ones named Spanky.


071810

This picture is from Wale's going-away party. He got a job, using his journalism degree, at an ABC affiliate in Dayton, Ohio. It's always great when you get to use your degree! He will definitely be missed, partially because of how he is always quick for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment