Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Project 365 - W03

Week Three of Fifty-Two.

Status of Photoj After the Culling - 015/365

On Monday, I listened to Phoebe Sexton's thesis presentation on the state of photojournalism and the newspaper industry. It appears that while the numbers of staff photographers has decreased, the number (and percentage) of images they take that are published in newspapers has increased.

Migraines Suck - 016/365

Simple caption: migraines suck. And I have recently figured out that the shaky feeling I sometimes get is actually me getting jittery because of the caffiene in my medication. I hate how my allergies lead to my migraines.


30-Day Project Update - 017/365

Images from Jimmy's project on a group of local rodeo riders. Nice images. I really like how they capture the atmosphere of the rodeo and of cowboys.

Sleepy Puppies - 018/365

I just felt like taking a picture of how my dogs sprawl out on the bed. Dudley yawns.

Getting Ready - 019/365

I'm doing a project on Romanda Walker and chose this picture for my image of the day. I don't know exactly why I really like this, but I do. Romanda loves Sponge Bob Squarepants.

Firefighters to the Rescue! - 020/365

Saturday, it torrentially rained all day. I originally took a picture of the lake that sprang up in my backyard, with water flowing *up* my driveway... But then, as I'm preparing to go to bed, I hear a crash, sort of like a tree falling over. I look out my bedroom window and lo, my across-the-street neighbor's tree has keeled over and now lays across the street. About 15-20 minutes later, a fire truck shows up, complete with 3 firemen. I went to bed after taking this picture and was so asleep I didn't hear the chain saws that cut the branches so as to clear off the street.

Scenes from a Jack & Jill Party - 021/365

My friends, Brittani Brown and Gerald Fults, are getting married on May 8th. On Sunday, they had a Jack and Jill shower. As part of the party games, participants used a roll of toilet paper to design either a tuxedo or a bridal gown. Pictured are Nick Shelhamer and Serena Newby. They eventually were voted the winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment