Monday, April 19, 2010

Project 365 - W02

Here's my second week of pictures.

Skype Call - 008/365

A Skype interview with Patrick Farrell as part of my Business Practices class. Farrell won his first Pulitzer in 1993 for his coverage of Hurricane Andrew. More recently, he won a Pulitzer in 2009 for his work in Haiti. He has also won numerous awards from POYi and the Overseas Press Club. He is a staff photographer at The Miami Herald.

My Boys - 009/365

Three awesome dogs after a day at the dog park: (from the left) Riley, Cullen, and Dudley. I've had Riley almost 4 years and the other two I acquired in the last year. Cullen seems to be a perennial favorite of people because he's so cuddly. He somehow ends up in people's laps with them petting them. Duds is just super sweet. (I do have to admit that Ri-Ri is my favorite. .We just share a special bond.)

Discussion of 30 Day Projects - 010/365

Taken in my Picture Story class, we're contemplating Charles's (center) images and how they tell the story of Kelly, whose partner of 15-years, Dennis Engelhard, a highway patrolman, was killed in a freak winter accident while on duty. The sad part of this story is that Engelhard's family denied Kelly's existence and didn't allow Kelly to come to his funeral. Additionally, because Engelhard and Kelly weren't married, the MO Highway Patrol is ignoring their relationship, too, and refusing to give Kelly death benefits. Charles's story focuses on Kelly's story and the lack of support he's receiving (both emotional/familial and economic). Charles is doing a fantastic job with his images/story.

Shadow - 011/365

I took this one as I was leaving campus for the day. I really liked how the shadows looked.
Friday Devo at Billiard's - 012/365

On Friday night, a group of friends and I hung out at Billiard's and played pool. Here's Shawn racking the balls. It was a fun time and only cost me $2.

Relaxing Day - 013/365

On Saturday, my parents came down from Kansas City for a visit. This was also Women's Day, but I decided I wanted to use a picture from their visit instead. I chose this picture because I liked how Dudley and my dad were exhibiting similar expressions.

At the Dog Park - 014/365

On Sunday, I took the boys to the dog park. We ended up staying about 3 hours. I usually stay about 1.5 hours - I guess they were just having too much fun. Here's Dudley and Cullen sniffing around the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment