Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Couldn't Resist the Urge to Cry

I took some time today to look at a bunch of pictures on the NY Times blog and I couldn't resist the urge to cry. Most of them were pictures from Haiti. I was struck by how many people are living with so very little. And for some reason, today, it seemed incredibly sad, sad - that there are people out there that will spend $10K for a dining room table, when that's probably more money than these people will see in their lifetime. I think one that really struck was these people pressing to try to get inside the US embassy for food. All those people, desperate just to eat. (It was the top picture for the blog on Wednesday, Jan. 20.) The other ones that got me were from the 15th, "Prayers in the Dark," because it just lots of dead people, bodies, and they didn't have the resources to deal with them other than to just dump in piles for family members to dig through. It's just that I look at these pictures and I feel for the people and what they lost, and how they can't ever get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment