Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mother Nature Says Even Though the Calendar Says It's Spring--

Winter isn't over yet.

_MG_6750a    _MG_6756b


Not enough to close roads, but enough to cover the ground with beautiful, beautiful snow.

_MG_6762a



The snowfall started, big flakes that weren't clumps but were those designs that you see when make snowflakes out of paper. I tried to capture the flakes with my camera, but I don't have a macro lens, so it wasn't so successful...

_MG_6781a


But I loved seeing those big flakes on the dogs' fur when they came inside:

_MG_6776b


And the snow didn't just disappear the next day! It hung around. So that meant shoveling the driveway for the third time. I let the dogs hang out in garage while I shoveled, starting from the street in, until they decided to make a break for it.

_MG_6789a


After I caught up with them, I made them hang out inside instead. Except for Dudley, because he actually listens to me and comes back when I ask him to. Just the promise of a treat is enough to get him to come back...

While I was shoveling, Duds decided to roll around in the snow, the way that Riley does. And then he rubbed his face in it, giving him a really odd moustache.

_MG_6793a


The view of the house:

_MG_6788b


And my street:

_MG_6786a    _MG_6787a


All in all, it was pretty beautiful.

_MG_6800a


I really need to move some place where there's snow on the ground for most of the winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment