Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Traveling to Chicago for Labor Day

Chicago_027
For Labor Day, I traveled to Chicago with my friend, Taylor. These are some Instagram images from the trip.

Chicago_024    Chicago_020
Chicago_022    Chicago_017
Chicago architecture. Top left is one of the city's libraries. The bottom right is one of the glass buildings. As we were walking by this building, I realized that it was really the reflection of the building next to it that I was seeing. I thought that optical illusion was pretty cool, so I took a picture of it.

Chicago_031    Chicago_019
Pictures of the Chicago skyline as seen from Lurie Garden. The image on the right is of the Russian wedding party that was getting their pictures taken. It was interesting, to say the least, as one of the bridesmaids had had just a 'little' too much to drink and wasn't quite as cooperative as everyone else wanted her to be. It got particularly sticky when the guard (far right) for the garden was asking them to stop walking in the foliage and she couldn't see why it was a problem. They almost had to leave the garden.

Chicago_030     Chicago_018
I really liked the footprints. Taken while exploring Millennium Park with Taylor, her sister, Tamara, and Mark.

Chicago_028    Chicago_025
Things that people do when taking pictures at The Bean at the Cloud Gate in Millennium Park.

Chicago_033    Chicago_062
Left, a picture of Taylor's cat, Molly. Right, a picture of dusk as I drove the 8 hours to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment