Monday, January 10, 2011

Project 365 - Week 40

Week 40. Hello, Maine!!! I do love you so.

010311

Monday. I don't know why I really like this picture, but I do. It's my mom pumping gas (if you couldn't tell).

010411 - Oldtime Cash Register

Tuesday. A picture of a very old cash register at the needlepoint shop that my mom goes to. This day, we also went out to the mall and mom bought me a few jackets to wear while over there, since that appears to be a European thing to do. Finding jackets is a bit challenging, since the current trend is cut off close to the waist, rather than the traditional length of around your hip.

010511

Wednesday. Today, the family sat down and watched "2012" together. My brother, Alex, had never seen it. My parents kept laughing at all the catastrophe scenes, which I found really amusing, too. If you can't tell, this is the scene where Yellowstone's caldera is about to blow and the weird, pickle-eating, conspiracy nut, Woody Harrelson, is relishing being there as the world is about to end.

010611

Thursday. A picture of my mom and step-dad. It actually turned out well. My mom does *not* photograph well. She will tell you that she typically looks like she had a stroke. My theory is that it's because it's not her 'real' hair color (which is dark brown).

010711

Friday. Taking a picture with my Christmas present: a new Tamron lens. It's the same as the one I borrowed from Shannon Silvey, but I don't remember it acting the way that this lens is acting. I haven't used it outside, though, so we will see. I really would like to get a new camera, one with a higher ISO, because I really prefer not to use a flash.

010811

Saturday. Another picture taken with the new lens. Still don't know if I like it. (The lens, not the picture. I like the picture.)

010911 - How My Brother Spent His Winter Vacation

Sunday. What my brother does on his winter vacation: play "Call of Duty: Black Ops." And what do I do? Watch him play, since there's only 1 television in the house and I am basically housebound. I'm starting to get a little stir crazy since I'm pretty much doing nothing all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment