Monday, September 27, 2010

Project 365 - W25

Week 25. I've been pretty busy.

092010

Monday. One of the photographers in Staff, Ally, has been having problems when going out on assignment. Her insecurity and perfectionism contributed to her psyching herself out and barely producing useable images. I was getting frustrated. She was getting frustrated. Other editors were getting frustrated. So I approached her about going out on a shoot together so that we could talk about how we approached things, etc. We were going to go to the Heritage Festival on Sunday, but it was cancelled. So on this Monday, I went out with Ally on a reshoot of people working with bacon for the paper.

-- Side note: stupid article on bacon! The number of shoots they had us do (which were a pain in the tuccous) and then don't link the article to the multimedia. And the pictures that ended up in the paper were pretty lame. The frustrations of photo editing! --

So, Ally and I journeyed to Addison's where we watched Cody Burnett prepare a bacon sandwich for lunch. It looked SO good. I got really hungry watching him and the other chef, Sean Jeffries, prepare their food.

I think hanging out with her and talking really helped her to get over her hump and not be so nervous. Since then, she's told me that her shoots were going better, so I'm glad my mentoring helped.

092110

Tuesday. It may seem unremarkable, but this is what I've got for today. I followed a squirrel around, looking out my back window, and using my 70-250/4.5 lens.

092210

Wednesday. So, on Sunday, Vince called me and asked me about invites for our upcoming special Song and Praise service. I took copious notes and inadvertently misunderstood when he described the date. He told me, what I thought was the week after the HOPE Classic (the 10th), but he meant the very next day. So, I got to Midweek with our snazzy invites (which I really like the finished product) and discovered the date was wrong. Luckily, though, Vince moved the date to the 10th. It also gave the performers more time to perfect things.

092310

Thursday. Which dog is it? It's Dudley, snuggled in the pillows and my throw blanket. He has this habit of loving to snuffle in a blanket and rub his face. My dad's theory is that they're "spreading their scent" but I think it more has to do with something akin to getting a good scratch when you have an itch, or a good head massage. One of those things ecstatic 'ah!' moments. (The same reason that Riley loves to rub my bookcase after a bath, because of that satisfied itch moment.)

092410

Friday. For devo, the girls, sans Kim, who was working on the final touches for her newly-opening salon, were supposed to meet out at Rock Bridge Memorial State Park at 6:30 to go for a hike. I show up and no one is there. I call Tracy and she is at ShaJuanda's, waiting to give her a ride. Tracy waited until about 7 and then headed out to meet me. I took this picture while I was waiting, the boys on a picnic table. It was a little annoying, because no one else came, even the one who suggested the activity (ShaJuanda). Tracy was particularly ticked, even though ticked for Tracy is simmering with frustration. That's as 'explosive' as it gets.

092510

Saturday. I went hot air ballooning (my blog post here) and this was my favorite picture from the day. I love that I got them looking into the inflating balloon. I waited for this moment and I am so happy that it worked out.

092610

Sunday. Another one of those days where I didn't really do anything that stuck out to me, so I took a picture of some stuffed animals in my room. I've been debating whether or not to give them to the puppies. Haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment